If you’re a clockmaker (or have some other need for cutting precision gears) and you don’t want to spend $8K on a quality Burgeon, take a look at Michel’s detailed plans. FYI, the plans are in French (for example, the index plate pin is called a “pointeau”), but that shouldn’t prevent anyone from being able to read the dimensions (which are metric).
“This is my site you will find photographs as well as the method of construction.for clockmaking that I designed for use with a Dremel. This machine is based on a milling machine from the Bergeon company. The goal was not to duplicate the Bergeon design exactly, but rather to alter the design to allow for the use of a Dremel. A lightweight Dremel is easy to mount thus avoiding the need for a larger motor and pulley (like in the Burgeon design). OnAlso on my site there are other projects which might be of interest to your visitors: A quick change tool post that I designed which has proved to be very handy, as well as a stainless marking gauge, which was a very beautiful project to create.
Clockmakers_Gear_Cutting_Machine.pdf (1.6 MiB, 4,495 downloads)
NOTE: You need to be a registered member (and logged in) to download this file.
- HOW? You can register using the yellow "Register" link in the upper right corner of the website. If you've registered previously you just need to log in using the "Have an account? Log In" link located in the upper right corner of the site.
- COST? It's currently free to register and become a member of this site.
- PRIVACY? Your email address will be encrypted and kept private.
YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE SPAM FROM THIS SITE!
- BENEFITS? Registering for the site allows you to download plans and other documents. Registering will also grant you forum access, allowing you to log into the forum using the same username and password you used to register for the site.
- RSS? Subscribing to the RSS feed or subscribing to receive email messages whenever the site content is updated is not the same as registering. If you would like to receive email notifications you still need to sign up for that service. AND WE STILL WON'T SPAM YOU! We will, however, send you an email whenever the site is updated with new content. That's typically about 1 email a month or less.